FIORUCCI8 ottobre, 2008 alle 12:00 pm | Pubblicato su Fiorucci | Lascia un commento
I’ve ever been attracted by Elio Fiorucci shops because they are very original and particular. Entering in Fiorucci shops each person can feel a special atmosphere, people have the feeling that someone is personally taking care of them by selecting and introducing unique and colourful pieces in a friendly environment.
Surfing on web I’ve anderstood that Elio Fiorucci believes very strong in the theory that a trade must always start from a spiritual project, because final consumers are always able to recognise the essencial value of the object they choose. So the brand Fiorucci has the mission of design small collection made by new jeans, new t-shirts, new staff to wear every day. The functional, playful clothes and accessories are colourful, soft and sweet, they have the capacity to spread a feeling of happiness bringing in everyone’s life a positive view. Fiorucci world has always the power of bring a warm, tender bright and colourful atmosphere, a confortable place from busy days and roads for pure souls and free minds. “Love therapy” is the new Fiorucci project and wants to suggest a new way of looking life by proposing positive styles and colours, teaching beauty is not only in one place, but it’s also in warmth, fantasy, freedom, and it’s not possible to constrain it into old aesthetic rules. Love therapy is a sweet and revolutionary brand which explores different lenguages: romantic but at the same time rebellious and rule breaking.
Love Therapy is an happy island which, generating a big creative family, lives in many cities and people, is a project which moves out from shops to reach the emotions of everyone by became a part of cultural initiatives such as music, art, design and cinema.
A BIT OF HISTORY….
Fiorucci’s brand has a story in the world of design and fashion, and its analysis will permit us to understand some passages in the world of windows design.
- 1967 Elio Fiorucci opens his first shop in Galleria Passarella: this was the unique window with all the hot news from Carnaby Street in London and USA.
- 1970 the brand Fiorucci becomes a brand with an international production and a worldwide distribuction: Europe, South America Japan. The shop in Milan becomes a point of reference for the revolutionary and unconventional young generations. It starts the “Fiorucci Style” and the concept of lifestyle. Fiorucci choose two Victorian Angels as a symbol of his brand. The Angels are revised and adacted by the architect Italo Lupi.
· 1974 he opens a second shop in Milan, in Via Torino expanding beyond fashion to offer books, furniture and music. The new shop also had a performance area, vintage clothing market, and restaurant, and was financed by an investment from the Standa department stores, part of the Montedison group.
· 1975 opening of the first store in London
· Opening of the first Fiorucci store in NY. The shop is designed by Ettore Sottsass, Andrea Brianzi and Franco Marabelli. It soon becomes a special location where all intellectual and creative community meet. Andy Warhol chooses the shop window of the Fiorucci store to launch his revolutionary “Interview” megazine.
· 1977 opening of “Studio 54”, a mithical disco which becomes a symbol of the rule-breaking generation.
· 1978 Fiorucci is the first brand to design an Eyewear collection
· 1979 Opening of a Beverly Hills shop- Los Angeles
· 1981 Fiorucci designs a collection of t-shirts and sweaters using the images of Walt Disney. Million of Mickey Mouse t-shirts were sold.
· 1984 “Graffiti mania” spreads worldwide from London to New York, and Elio Fiorucci invites Keith Haring to paint his flagship store. Haring works for 2 days and 1 night “covering” the walls and the fornitures with his art. In the same year it starts the collection of Panini stickers which represents 30 years of Fiorucci graphics and design.
· The Fiorucci brand is sold to Edwin International, a Japanese group leader in denim production. Elio Fiorucci remains the art director of the big Fiorucci store in Piazza San Babila and invents the new formula for the store: the shop becomes a “container” hosting young and unknown brands and a point of meeting for a lot of people. It starts the T-Art collection, a collection inspired to the fairy tale world
· 2003 Elio Fiorucci creates the new brand “Love therapy”, which offers colourful and young collections made by clothes and accessories.
· 2004 The Camber of Commerce of Milan assigns to Elio Fiorucci the Piazza Mercanti award for his carreer as designer, cool hunter, business man and communicator.
· 2006 The mayor of Milan, Letizia Moratti, assigns to Elio the “Ambrogino d’oro” award, for his role of main character in the italian fashion system, who revolutionized fashion proposing new, modern and breaking trends.
· 2007 Triennale of Milan, opening for the exhibition “The Seventies, the long decade of the short century”. In the exhibition there is a section called “Fiorucci Land” dedicated to Elio Fiorucci as a symbol of the fashion revolution of the Seventies